Sunday, February 22, 2009

Your typical artsy road trip...

So I think I am an artsy girl.

I read, I write, I draw, I finger paint, I wear stuff from thrift stores.

What artsy life would be complete without at least one random road trip to nowhere? So next Friday, I will fulfill my artsy destiny, hop into an increasingly shrinking Miata and make an epic drive through Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia, and North Carolina as I scribble in my little black writing journal about a hopefully sunny and warm drive through the mountains. I have visions of me, with my awesome teal suede jacket, my fantastic sunglasses with artsy metal work on the side that I got for $2 at the popcorn fest (best find ever!), and my freshly curled hair whipping around in the breeze as I enjoy a windy drive through the mountains, the sun warming the top of black hair. Kind of like Easy Rider but with out the motorcycles or the LSD or Jack Nicholson or the tragic ending.

Too bad it is February and the only thing warm in February is the inside of a heated house.

And since I am hoping that mother nature isn't a total bitch, we are camping most of the way as well.

But perhaps the most thrilling aspect of the trip is that we really do not have a destination; we are driving for the sake of driving. I am thrilled to yet again be surrounded by mountains, heaping and on edge, as if their peaks will tip right into our car. I miss the trees and the smells of the mountains that I was submerged in most of this summer when I spent a month in Oregon. I miss looking up in the sky and seeing every single star that is visible. This road trip will be partly to get all of that back and partly to see if I am capable of being on the road, since I hope to go on a few of these for my writing.

And so I will depart on my Jack Kerouac, Merry Pranksters-esq road trip but with less drugs and fewer prostitutes.

Be prepared for an epic post once I return...

No comments:

Post a Comment